Adult Addiction Services
At Seabrook House ®, we are committed to providing quality adult addiction services to treat the physical, emotional, and spiritual impact of substance abuse. Our structured, nurturing programs, which are grounded in the Twelve Step philosophy of recovery, foster the kind of changes necessary for a clean and sober life.
Addiction Treatment Options at Seabrook House ®
Many clients begin their journey with our intervention services. Our highly qualified and certified family intervention specialists can help you deal with the person, the problem, and the elements unique to your personal or professional situation. There are various modes of family intervention that each require a certain amount of preparation, but in most cases, family intervention results in immediate entry into detox, alcohol rehab, drug rehab, or other appropriate treatment setting.
At Seabrook House ®, we believe that the delivery of addiction treatment must be specifically oriented toward the gender, age, sexual orientation, and culture of each patient. Group therapy is provided in a gender-specific setting. Upon admission, every patient has a two-day orientation with a detox counselor and is oriented to the treatment and standards of the four- to five-week treatment program.
Our adult addiction treatment services are based on a three-phase core model and include:
- Extended Care programs for Women
- Outpatient/Share Counseling ™
- Family treatment services
Phase One is a 28- to 35-day residential program, not including detox.
Phase Two is a step-down to extended care for men or women at our long-term/sober living programs located on the New Jersey campus. These are gender specific, sober living environments on the grounds of a luxurious estate. The length of stay is a minimum of 12 months, allowing the patient to apply the tools and skills learned during phase one, but in a “real world” environment that includes open access to outside self-help meetings, along with daily group counseling to address relapse triggers.
Phase Three is an outpatient aftercare program consisting of at least 1 x week of therapy for a minimum of 8 months. Our clinical staff embraces the principles and philosophies of various Twelve Step programs throughout all phases of treatment.
Beyond Traditional Addiction Treatment
In addition to our standard addiction treatment services, we also offer complimentary therapies, wellness programs, and recreational activities. These include:
- EMDR: The core of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) treatment involves activating components of traumatic memory or disturbing life events and pairing them with alternating bilateral or dual attention stimulation. This process appears to facilitate the resumption of normal information processing and integration.
- Brainspotting: This psychotherapy approach is based on the belief that the field of vision can be used to locate eye positions or “brainspots” that correlate with relevance to inner neural and emotional experiences. By maintaining eye fixation, therapists help heal issues that are held deeply in the non-verbal, non-cognitive areas of the neurophysiology.
- Equine assisted therapy: Equine assisted therapy incorporates horses experientially for emotional growth and learning. It’s an experiential modality in which patients learn about themselves and others by participating in activities with horses, and then discussing thoughts, beliefs, behaviors, and patterns.
- Therapeutic massage: Therapeutic massage is done in a quiet, serene room using massage techniques given through clothing. The session focuses on the upper body – head, neck, shoulders, back, and arms. The massage session creates a nurturing space where patients can relax and let the soothing touch of massage loosen tense and achy muscles, and calm the nervous system.
- Acu-detox: During the first 24 to 48 hours of treatment, ear seeds are used to apply acupressure to acupuncture points on the ear. They are used to reduce preexisting or recovery-related physical and/or emotional symptoms. The goal is to put the body back in balance without using medication. During the second week of treatment, acupuncture is offered to points on the ear to help restore balance to the body, relieve pain, and encourage the body to heal itself.
- Drumming circle: Drumming is a dynamic, interactive experience that produces physiological, psychological, and social stimulation that enhances the recovery process and incorporates the 11th step of prayer and meditation. Drumming encourages the non-verbal expression of thoughts and feelings.
- Yoga: Yoga poses are coordinated with the Twelve steps to help patients practice physical, and subsequently, emotional surrender. Through practice, yoga helps patients begin to embody the 11th step, encouraging them to quiet the mind, be open to the guidance of their lives, identify a Higher Power, and genuinely experience serenity. Yoga helps to unite the mind and body through the practice of linking breath to mindful movement.
- Mindfulness meditation: Mindfulness is the practice of focusing one’s attention on what’s happening in the present moment. This can be helpful for dealing with feelings arising from living in the past or future. Meditation is the discipline of doing this. Mindfulness/meditation groups occur regularly for each primary group.
- Sleep hygiene: Sleep difficulties are a common withdrawal symptom. This group reviews the principles and practices of a healthy sleep hygiene protocol that does not involve any pharmacological sleep aids.
- Stress management: This group uses a combination of didactic presentations and experiential exercises to help patients understand and learn to manage everyday stressors.
- Adventure ropes courses: The combination of low and high ropes courses enable participants to practice taking risks as well as develop leadership, communication, problem-solving, and coaching skills.
- Fitness center: Regular exercise has been shown to reduce stress, depression, and anxiety and improve sleep quality. Our fitness center’s equipment includes recumbent bikes, elliptical trainers, treadmills, free weights, and the Precor Universal Machine.
- Recreation/Leisure skills group: This group is designed to help patients learn how to incorporate meaningful leisure activities into their daily recovery plan. This group facilitates team building, as well as the development of trust and communication skills.
More About Our Drug Rehab for Adults
Our New Jersey facilities offer a safe and supportive environment for you or someone you love to begin the journey toward lasting sobriety. To learn more about our adult addiction treatment services, contact us today: 800-761-7575.