Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]
1. How do I get admitted?
2. Does Seabrook House ® accept dual diagnosis?
YES. The majority of our patient population is dually diagnosed, also called co-occurring disorders.
3. What is the best practice recommended treatment program for most?
Thirty days primary rehab followed by 11 months extended care sober living, which includes halfway house and outpatient rehab clinical services.
4. What is Seabrook House ®’s success rate?
85% of those who complete the prescribed program as outlined above.
5. What health insurances does Seabrook House ® Accept?
We accept all health insurances that have an out-of-network benefit, including Aetna, UBH, Cigna, Oxford. We are an approved in-network provider for Horizon Blue Cross, AmeriHealth, APS, MHN, Value Options, out of state Blue Cross, Carpenters H&W Fund, ComPsych, Local 54 HEREIU, Magellan, WellCare of NY, Tri-State Fund.
For a more complete list of Insurances please click here
6. Will health insurance cover a full 30 day residential program?
Typically yes. Health Insurance will authorize a combination of residential and partial hospital care benefits, that may allow for a patient to stay 30 days.
7. Does Seabrook House ® offer financial aid?
YES. Seabrook House ® does offer financial aid.
8. How much does Seabrook House ® Cost?
Approximately $25,500 for 30 days of initial primary treatment. Extended Care Transitional Living is $9,200 per month.
9. Does Seabrook House ® accept Medicaid or Medicare?
NO. Seabrook House ® does not accept Medicaid or Medicare.
10. Are bedrooms private or semi-private?
All residential rehab bedrooms are private, 2 bedroom suites. However, during the initial MAS phase (medical assessment & stabilization) the bedrooms are semi-private. This MAS phase is sometimes referred to as “detox”. Women’s extended care program,Changes4Women, offers semi-private rooms or a private room for an additional fee.
11. What is a typical day like at Seabrook House ®?
The program operates very much like an intensive college campus, with a variety of groups, lectures, therapies and medical appointments through out the day. The average wake up is 7:00 a.m.Patients can go back to their rooms after evening snack at 9:30 pm.
12. Is smoking Allowed?
YES. But only during designated times and places.
13. Are visitors allowed?
YES. Only on Sundays after an initial 14 day blackout period. To learn more about our visitation policy please click here
14. Can I make telephone calls?
YES. But only during specific times, and specific days, that are subject to change. Most bedroom suites are equipped with telephones in the common area.
15. Is there a gym for exercise?
YES. The wellness center offers a variety of cardio machines, weights, exercise equipment and trained wellness staff in addition to yoga, pilates, massage, crafts.
16. Does Seabrook House ® accept adolescents?
NO. You must be age 18 and above.
17. What levels of care does Seabrook House ® offer?
18. What specialized therapies are available?
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), EMDR trauma therapy, Motivational Enhancement, brainspotting, adjunct therapies such as yoga, massage, acupuncture, drumming, music, and an adventure rope course.
19. Is there a Family Program?
YES. It takes place Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. You must register in advance for the full 3 day program.
20. Does Seabrook House ® accept pregnant women?
YES. On a case by case basis.
21. Does Seabrook House ® provide specialized treatment services for veterans?
22. Does Seabrook House ® provide family interventions?
YES. Our Call Center team will assist you in finding the right interventionist.
23. Is my personal information confidential?
Yes. Seabrook House ® adheres to all state and federal laws regarding the confidentiality of protected health information.
24. What is Changes for Women programs?
Changes for Women is an extended care treatment for women, who have completed primary already. The length of stay is 12 months. These programs operate like a sober living home with on site intensive therapy.
For more information on our Extended care programs please visit the links below