Family Visitation Guidelines for Short Term Residential
Visitation for patients and families will be permitted under the following structure:
- Patients may have visitors after they have been in treatment for 7 days pending approval. Patients are entitled to one visit per 30-day stay. Visitation is not permitted during the initial seven day blackout phase.
- Patients are permitted two visitors, including children. Anyone over the age of 17 will be required to provide a photo ID.
- ALL visitors must be confirmed by patients Therapist and placed on a visitation list.
- Visitors are to leave all belongings securely locked in their vehicles. No cell phones and/or cameras are permitted while visiting with the patient.
- Patients are responsible to call and invite their visitors. The Primary Therapist will review the list of intended visitors, which upon approval; will be used for Visitor check-in. Should someone arrive without being placed on the visitor’s list, they will be asked to leave.
- For visitation purposes, each month will be divided into four weeks and the intended visit will be on the designated Sunday folllowing their seventh day in treatment. Those who are eligble will receive visitors as follows:
- Week 1 – Female Residential Patients
- Week 2 – Adult Male Residential Patients
- Week 3 – Young Adult Male Patients
- Week 4 – Any patients who were on blackout during their weekend visitation
- Seabrook House ® reserves the right to deny visitation for any visitor who may be suspected of being intoxicated or under the influence of any kind, and/or the presence of a legal restriction (e.g. restraining order) making it illegal for visitation to occur.
- Seabrook House ® reserves the right to ask any visitor who is displaying inappropriate behavior to leave the campus at once. If the person refuses or becomes abusive in anyway, the State Police will be called to remove the person.
- Any items brought in for the patient must be clearly labeled and left at the reception desk. Staff will deliver any allowable items to the patients. Please note that gifts of food/beverages are strictly forbidden.
As your loved one’s treatment and the family’s recovery is very important to us, please take advantage of the services offered such as The Family Matrix Program and/or individual family sessions. However, please refrain from speaking with us about specifics of the patient’s treatment during visitation as this is not the appropriate time.
We appreciate your cooperation in our efforts to keep your loved ones safe & focused on recovery!
Patients are not permitted to receive incoming telephone calls or electronic mail due to Federal confidentiality laws. Patients do however have limited telephone privileges to make outgoing calls on designated days.
You may send mail to patients at the following address. We ask that you do not send food or candy of any kind, however, flowers or small gifts are permissible. No potted flowers or plants, only cut flowers.
Seabrook House ® c/o Patient’s Name
PO Box 5055 , 133 Polk Lane
Seabrook, NJ 08302-5905
For those visitors needing accommodations, Seabrook House ® recommends the following:
All are located a short 12 minute drive from the main Seabrook House ® campus.
For a more luxurious hotel experience, Seabrook House ® recommends the Rittenhouse Hotel in central Philadelphia, PA. Located only a 45 minute drive from the Seabrook House ® main campus