Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get admitted?
Simply fill out a pre-admission intake on our website or call 800-761-7575, 24 hours.
2. Does Seabrook House accept dual diagnosis?
YES. The majority of our patient population is dually diagnosed but chemical dependency must be the primary diagnosis.
3. What is the best practice recommended treatment program for most?
Thirty days primary rehab followed by 6 months extended care sober living, followed by a halfway house in conjunction with outpatient treatment for an additional 5 months.
4. What is Seabrook House’s success rate?
85% of those who complete the prescribed program as outlined above.
5. What health insurances does Seabrook House Accept?
We are an approved in-network provider for Horizon Blue Cross, Aetna, AmeriHealth, APS, MHN, Value Options, out of state Blue Cross, Carpenters Fund, ComPsych, Magellan, WellCare of NY, Tri-State Fund. We accept all health insurances with an out-of-network benefit.
6. Will health insurance cover a full 30 day residential program?
Probably not. Most health insurance companies apply strict “medical necessity criteria”, that usually covers 7-14 days for stabilization.
7. Does Seabrook House offer financial aid?
YES. Seabrook House does offer financial aid.
8.How much does Seabrook House Cost?
$24,000 approximately for 30 days.
9. Does Seabrook House accept Medicaid or Medicare?
NO. Seabrook House does not accept Medicaid or Medicare.
10. Are bedrooms private or semi-private?
All residential rehab bedrooms are private, 2 bedroom suites. However, during the initial MAS phase (medical assessment & stabilization) the bedrooms are semi-private.
11. What is a typical day like at Seabrook House?
The program operates very much like an intensive college campus, with a variety of groups, lectures, therapies and medical appointments through out the day. The average wake up is 7:00 a.m. Patients can go back to their rooms after evening snack at 10:30 pm.
12. Is smoking Allowed?
YES. But only during designated times and places.
13. Are visitors allowed?
YES. Only on Sundays after an initial 14 day blackout period.
14. Can I make telephone calls?
YES. But only during specific times, one day a week.
15. Is there a gym for exercise?
YES. The wellness center offers a variety of cardio machines and weights.
16. Does Seabrook House accept adolescents?
NO. You must be age 18 and above.
17. What levels of care does Seabrook House offer?
18. What specialized therapies are available?
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), EMDR trauma therapy, brainspotting, adjunct therapies such as yoga, massage, equine assisted therapy, acupuncture, drumming, music, and an adventure rope course.
19. Is there a Family Program?
YES. It takes place Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. You must register in advance.
20. Does Seabrook House accept pregnant women?
YES. On a case by case basis.
21. Does Seabrook House provide specialized treatment services for veterans?
22. Does Seabrook House provide family interventions?
NO. But our Call Center team will assist you in finding the right interventionist.
23. Is my personal information confidential?
YES. Seabrook House adheres to all state and federal laws regarding the confidentiality of protected health information.
24. What is Seabrook West and Changes for Women programs?